Saturday, November 19, 2016

LeGrand's Baby Picture?

"I think this is Legrand W."
The above photo was found in a box of letters, etc., from Walter L. "LeGrand" Whipple found by his grandson Derek in the late LeGrand's house at 1015 N. Blvd., Idaho Falls, Idaho, in 1916. On the back of the photo is written: "I think this is Legrand W."


On the other hand, the photo was folded in a paper note from LeGrand's Aunt Clara (Smith) Meldrum, which reads:

Thought you would like to have this letter an the picture of your Mother. 
I would like to wright more but I am having a lot of trouble with my arm lately. 
Thanks for the Xmas card. Except for my arm, I am about the same. I had a very good Xmas. The New Hr. has been find so far. 
I will close now with lots of love
Aunt Clara
The letter Clara mentioned was one LeGrand wrote to his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. T.J. Smith, who lived at R.F.D. #3, Box 253, Provo, Utah.

The return address on the envelope (postmarked Billings, Mont., Feb 28, 1942) was:

Elder W. LeGrand Whipple
619 North 31st Street
Billings, Montana

You can read the letter at CharminSqueezer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment